1. What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
When you visit our website at https://online.shaydanielleacademy.com/ and other locations from time to time (the “site”), use or access our services provided through our site, or enroll as a student or subscriber (“learner”) on our site or related courses, including via third party websites and other digital platforms, ,, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address; and
- Unique identifiers such as username, account number, and password.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Email marketing: we may send you emails about our site and related course(s), registration, course content, your course progress or other updates, informing you about changes to the course, surveying you about your usage, or collecting your opinion;
- Communication: we may generally communicate with you to provide you services, contacts, materials and/or recommendations for your needs as identified by you through phone, email, or the site;
- Contract: we may use your personal information as necessary to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Policies: we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with internal policies and procedures and other legal, accounting, or security requirements;
2. How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to become a learner on our site, make a purchase, or participate in the course, you imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected]
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service https://online.shaydanielleacademy.com/pages/terms-conditions
4. Third Party Hosts
Our course and site is hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). They provide us with the online course creation platform that allow us to create and deliver our product/services to you.
Your personal information is stored through Thinkific’s data storage, databases and the general Thinkific application. They store your personal information on a secure server behind a firewall.
We recommend that you read Thinkific’s privacy policies and terms and conditions so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by Thinkific.
The payment processing and sale of our course and site are hosted by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”).
Your personal information is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your personal information on a secure server behind a firewall.
We recommend that you read Shopify’s privacy policies and terms and conditions so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by Shopify.
If you make a purchase on our site or via Shopify, your personal information will be processed by a third party payment processor, including but not limited to Shopify, Stripe or Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) or comparable generally accepted industry standards. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction.
All direct payment gateways that adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS are managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
5. Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our course site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Web Analysis Tools
We may use web analysis tools that are built into the BUSINESS NAME website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
7. Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
8. CASL Policy
We are committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). Any electronic communication we send to outside parties is protected by a range of business procedures, processes and policies to ensure that such communication is done in compliance with CASL. In our electronic communications with outside parties, we comply with the rules established by CASL and enforced by various Canadian authorities including the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. CASL regulates, and our policies generally apply to, each commercial electronic message (a “CEM”) that we send. A CEM is an electronic message sent to an electronic address that, among its purposes, encourages participation in a commercial activity.
In addition to adopting and updating this Privacy Statement, we undertake various transparency initiatives to ensure we comply with CASL, which include:
- Consent – we do not send you CEMs without your consent. This consent typically must be “express” (expressly acknowledged by you), but in certain circumstances can be “implied” or specifically exempt from consent requirements. We modified or adopted our sign-up, registration and consent forms in order to ensure that your consent is meaningful (i.e. informed and freely given) as per CASL. When we collect your electronic contact information, you will know the exact purposes behind the collection.
Content – we adopted processes to ensure that our CEMs contain the following requirements prescribed under CASL, which will usually be in the footer of the CEM. We will:
- Identify ourselves as the party sending the CEM, and whether we are sending the message on our own behalf or on behalf of someone else;
- Provide you with our contact information; and
- Set out a clear, working unsubscribe mechanism or preference centre that is easy to use, automatic, and at no cost to you (other than your own cost of connecting to the Internet).
- Clarity – we ensured that each aspect of a CEM, including its header, content, or any links or URLs in the CEM) conveys the appropriate information, whether viewed individually or taken as a whole, so that you always know what you are clicking on.
If you receive a CEM from us but believe that you should not have or no longer wish to receive CEMs, we will aim to respect your preferences in a timely manner once you update them through our unsubscribe mechanism. CASL requires us to process unsubscribe requests within 10 business days. If you have any questions or concerns about our unsubscribe options, you may contact us at the address indicated in this Privacy Statement below.
If our site or course is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at [email protected]